High Density Development
Projects must have a coherent design with a relevant range of facilities within the development.
UDIA High Density Development Award Proudly Partnered by
This award recognises high-density development. Projects will predominately include apartment buildings with a minimum density of 30 dwellings per hectare, with a minimum of five storeys (including low rise, mid-rise and high rise).
The project must be predominantly residential, which may incorporate some commercial and/or retail components.
There are two awards in this category, the height of the building(s) will dictate which of the following subcategories the project may enter:
- Building(s) with a height of 10 storeys or less
- Building(s) with a height greater than 10 storeys
- Only one winner will be nominated by the judging panel to enter the UDIA National Awards Program.
- You must hold a developer level UDIA Victoria membership to enter your project into this category.
- It is required that your project must be substantially developed by the time of judging or at least a component or stage of the project is substantially developed.
- If you have a residential component to your project, the judging panel will need to be given access to the interior of at least one dwelling.
Completion Criteria for UDIA Judging
To adequately judge an entry for the UDIA Awards for Excellence Program, entrants must provide to the Judging Panel sufficient evidence of the completion of a significant part of the project.
For example, single stage projects must show 40% of the development completed and sold or available for sale. Multistage projects must have at least one full stage completed and sold or available for sale, and other stages under development.
TO COMPLETE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO THIS CATEGORY YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ADDRESS THE BELOW
PART 1: Project Information
- Key project information
- Executive Summary (max 300 words) – this highlights the features of the development with reference to the award category criteria
PART 2: Supporting Materials
- Project plans and maps
- Press Releases and publicity requirements
- 10 images of the project
- Up to 10 Project Consultants
Part 2: Category Criteria
- Each award category features its own mix of the criteria along with their explanations which can be found below.
|Community Creation & Integration||10%|
|Innovation & Unique Features||5%|
|Problem Solving, Consultation, Negotiation||5%|
|State & Local Planning Objectives||5%|
|Execution, Finishes & Inclusions||10%|
|Marketing and Financial Structure||5%|
|Judges’ Overall Impressions||10%|